Software Development Pricing
This line would be amazing and clever, but we got too focused on our clients' work. That's what we call value-driven copywriting.
Transparent pricing providing value for any budget.
Short on techncial leadership? Retain us to manage and maintain your site/application like a member of your staff.
- We handle system maintenance and deployment
- Pull request reviews (and code review/recommendations)
- Backend security additions
- Site/application(s) backups (delivered at any time on request)
- We are your first point of contact with any technical need or concern
- Customizable bank of dedicated design/development hours each month
Kickstart your Marketing Strategy and Roadmap with a Custom Content Plan complete with Marketing Schedule, Channel Setup, Content Modeling (example pieces), Tactics and Support.
- Logo / Identity Development (including trademark research)
- Brand Material Package (templates for Business Cards, Letterhead, Email Signatures)
- Example Content Pieces
- Strategic Plan for Future Company Created Content
For a flat fee we will take your idea from cocktail napkin to launch. Our MVP-in-a-box is the full kit and caboodle.
- Complete Infrastructure and Deployment Set Up
- Rails 5 Backend API / React Frontend
- or Custom Shopify Ecommerce Theme
- Included UX Design
- Market Research and Brand Support
- Customized Training
MVP or Enterprise, we’ll help you build and launch your next idea. If you think your needs exceed our MVP in-a-box scope, or need Team Augmentation give us a shout.
Team Augmentation and Backend Services
When we engage a new client or hop into a team augmentation project we often need to evaluate an inherited code base, or shore up some immediate concerns. To take the guesswork out of the equation, we offer a handful of fixed fee services that cover our most common requests.
1-3 weeks / $2,750
- Identify key metrics to monitor.
- Recommend problem-specific solutions.
- Establish logging and alerts.
After an application goes to production it is important to ensure reliability for your customers and stakeholders. Establishing automated logging and alert systems ensures optimum visibility and response time should an issue arise. This space is full of options. We’ll help guide you through the open source and paid solutions that may be right for your team, and make suggestions that fit your ideal customer response.
1-3 weeks / $4,500
- Write tests and make recommendations on CI solutions
- For basic infrastructure with variable application complexity, a complex infrastructure is more specialized.
- Optionally enable your application to deploy on the BowTie CI solution.
Testing is critical to every organization but it is often overlooked. Our team will write initial tests for your app to provide reliable assurance of your application’s continuity and stability. We will also provide recommendations on industry best practices on continuous integration and make it part of your organization’s engineering DNA.
Additionally, BowTie can enable your team on our proprietary CI solution that will Test and Deploy your GitHub projects automatically at a fraction of the price of leading solutions.
2-4 weeks / $3,800
- Containerize your application using Docker.
- Local development environment setup to mirror production usage.
- Automated deployments (deploy Docker target).
- Easy supporting infrastructure management.
Standardizing and simplifying your development & deployment processes can be difficult. Docker provides a unique solution by allowing a pre-configured, ready-to-run application/service to be bundled into a Docker container. These containers are standardized across environments and platforms, and can be used from local development, through production. Placing your application in Docker typically improves the ability and turnaround for CI/CD as well. Most existing apps/services can be “Dockerized” to enjoy the benefits of this new methodology.
1-3 weeks / $2,750
- Identify resource/cost inefficiencies.
- Provide a strategic plan for short/long term resource management.
We will review and assess the current state of your application infrastructure, then identify low hanging fruit that will make the infrastructure more efficient and cost effective. Our analysis will be wrapped into a detailed plan that lays out short and long term goals to maximize utilization and reliability of your infrastructure.
3+ weeks / $9,500
- Audit your existing application.
- Map major systems and components for functionality and relationships.
- Open the black box for executives and team members whom do not understand the current system architecture.
- Diagram your system as needed.
- Centralize access and implement best practices for shared log in.
We understand the unfortunate, yet common scenario whereby a technical leader exits an organization without appropriately transferring knowledge to the remaining staff. With our breadth of experience deploying and maintaining large production installations, our team can efficiently reverse-engineering your architecture, and provide the training to your remaining team in order to fill knowledge gaps or upskill current team members on the infrastructure you have deployed today.
Bowtie will review and assess your current ecommerce platform, identifying inefficiencies and places where the business could easily make a change. We will provide findings and document any short term recommendations and strategic next steps. The goal is to provide actionable solutions for the business to improve overall performance and increase revenue.
- Audit of the current payment and shipping process.
- Audit of all existing apps, plugins and assess technical debt.
- Identify cost and resource inefficiencies.
- General evaluation of the overall design, branding, and user experience.
- Present a strategic plan with recommended next steps and cost/benefit analysis.
Fast, Cost-sensitive, and Ready to Build Your Market
- Setup & Configuration
- Replatforming / Data Migration (up to 100 SKUs)
- Mobile First Optimization
- App consultation and vetting
- Theming/ Branding
- All Google Tools Setup
- Browser / Device Testing
- Search Friendly Launch
- Ecommerce Consulting
A Custom Shopify Store from our Award-Winning Designers
- Fully Customized Theme Management
- Custom API Integrations
- Larger scale data migrations
- Custom SEO/backlink retention (ideal fro established brands)
- Comprehensive Planning Document
- Scratch Designed
- Kickoff Meeting
- Order Cycle Optimization
- Dynamic Content and Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
Common Pricing Questions
Why are your prices so low?
Most agencies and dev shops have unnecessary overhead, lavish office space, advertising budgets, and a small army of sales staff who focus on commission. Bowtie.co is a development run organization. We’d rather take on projects we care about and execute efficiently than pay for a bunch of stuff that doesn’t add value to your project. At the end of the day, we like having happy clients who make strong referrals.
I didn’t realize software development cost so much. Is there a cheaper option?
There is always a cheaper option - but don’t assume that option is actually cheap. We routinely take contracts cleaning up the work of less experienced developers, or bringing a project to completion after another team checks out. When you hire our team you are paying for our experience, tenacity, and track record. If price is your number one concern, we won’t hold it against you to go elsewhere. But don’t be surprised if you get what you pay for.
Will you consider equity in trade for development work?
Sorry, but no. Your business is your business. Ours is supporting you with better technology. We are joining your team the day you hire us.
We’ve had a bad experience with freelancers/outsourcing in the past. How is this different?
Bowtie.co has an exceptionally talented and cohesive team of full time developers who care about the work we make, and the longevity of our products - long after the project leaves our studio. Our unique process ensures that every member of our project team understands your business purpose and how the product we're delivering impacts that purpose. Also, we don't sub our work to overseas firms - ever.
We’re a large private company. Will you sign an NDA?
We’ve worked with a number of clients who for one reason or another would prefer not to disclose that they hired some outside help to augment their team. Our number one goal is to support your business needs. When discretion is required, we follow your lead.
Thanks for reading. Contact Us